No other spinning device or system offers this flexibility:
- Positive braking in either direction
- Reversible spinning
- Piston-type air motor
- Variable speed control in either direction
- Typical Basket Loads
- 100 to 500 pounds for woodscrews or washers
- 200 to 800 pounds for miscellaneous size bolts
- 500 to 2,000 pounds for structurals or castings
- 600 to 3,000 pounds for threaded or plain rods to 12 feet long
- Air consumption: 4.5 cubic feet per second @ 100 PSIC inlet for an estimated 8-second period
- Maximum torque: 156 ft. lbs.
Instructions and Conditions
CAUTION: Before lifting any load, make sure safety latch is operative on lifting hook.
All personnel in area where centrifuge is operated should wear proper safety equipment - hard hats, face shields and safety shoes.
When starting to spin, throttle should be opened gradually to prevent wobble of basket.
All parts requiring replacement should be replaced with parts meeting the original manufacturer's specifications.
Water separator and air oil line lubricator should be installed as near as possible to hand operated throttle control.
Throttle control should be hand-operated not more than six feet (6') from center of centrifuge assembly.
When spinning all materials above water, in quench tank, metal guard or splash shields must be installed on both sides to protect operator.
To ensure good balance, materials should be equally distributed in basket, and covers must be installed to hold materials in basket while spinning.
Maximum production capacity, including basket, is 3 tons of suitable materials.
Centrifuge must be upright on Support Dolly (No. SAB 4-13) when not in use, to prevent oil spillage.